Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I work out!

I took two weeks off, due to work, injuries, and then the resulting sickness from work-and-family related stress. While I might not have been exercising, I was eating better. I would like to announce something very important and life altering:

I have found a salad that I like.

*Cricket* *Cricket*

Okay, I am not a salad eater. Or a vegetable eater in general. I also don't like fish, or meat very much. So all in all my diet usually sucks, but I am slowly trying to eat better. I have discovered that I don't like iceberg lettuce, but that mixed greens with ranch and croutons and hard-boiled eggs are very tasty. :-)

I went to work out yesterday, burned 286 calories on the elliptical, and then did crunches, steps, and push-ups. I wasn't extremely motivated so it was only a fifty minute work out, but it was better than not working out at all.

I am also trying to use the My Fitness Pal app on my phone, with my daily intake at about 1200 calories a day. Has it worked? Kind of, as I am a lot more aware of what I eat and drink. I am slowly, SLOWLY, learning to eat healthier, but please keep in mind, gentle reader, that I was raised on REAL Mexican food, and old habits are hard to break. It is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment