Monday, February 25, 2013

Injuries

I mostly managed my goal last week. I worked out Monday and Wednesday, and went to the class on Saturday, so I got my three workouts in.

Let's talk about the class shall we?

First of all, it's an amazing class, and one that I think all women should take. It's called a RAD class, which stands for Rape/Aggression Defense, and its goal is to teach women basic moves so that they can escape/survive an assault. I had taken it once before and while it was a physically and mentally stressful class, I felt like I got a lot out of it.

When we started working out about three weeks ago, L1 stated that she would like to learn to punch, and I suggested she take the class. She asked me to take it with her so I did, because everyone can use a refresher from time to time. What I had forgotten was that the instructors tend to single out the repeaters and be a little more forceful with them... so lets just say I got the full impact of the course. I also managed to injure my wrist, and I am now covered with bruises as well. I am pretty sure that I injured the wrist well before the scenarios part of the course, so I can say it was my fault.

All in all, it was a great class, and even with my swollen wrist, I do not regret taking it at all. I actually think I will go back again. Maybe not soon...but I think I will go back.


For additional information in regards to the program, please click the following link: 
RAD Website



1 comment:

  1. Not your fault-I am pretty some of your injuries are my fault for being over-enthusiastic. :( Hope you are 100% soon and THANK YOU for going with me because it truly was an uplifting experience.

    ReplyDelete