Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Non-Serious Post: Ode to Breakfast



Out of all my habits, this may be the hardest to break. You see, when I was growing up I only got hot breakfast on the weekends. During the week it was more like get up, get dressed, get to school. So when I discovered that you could buy pre-made hot breakfasts at a drive thru (cue angels singing).

As much as I love them, I will be trying to say good-bye to my delicious potato, egg and cheese taquito with hash brown sticks and refreshingly cold Coke from What-a-burger in the mornings. Good-bye to my decidedly glorious doughnut holes, sausage and cheese rolls and coffee from Shipley's, and my appetizing reduced fat cinnamon coffee cake and grande white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. Good-bye, my beloved egg mcmuffin meal from McD's, and good-bye supreme croissant sandwich combo from Jack in the Box. Good-bye, chorizo, potato, egg and cheese tacos from Fuzzy's. You will all be missed.

Hello, cold cereal. Healthy juices. I hate to start off on the wrong foot, but I already don't like you. :-(

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! You know, despite our mutual affection for Waffle House breakfast, I have not, in the past been a big breakfast eater. Now it's not just trying to keep up the "eating breakfast" habit but eating better breakfast. I brought apple slice today and had cereal and low fat milk. Bah. Why can't healthy food taste as good as El Gabby sour cream nachos????

    ReplyDelete