Monday, February 11, 2013

Week Two

Last week was a bit of a bust. I worked out Monday and Tuesday, but I was feeling so crappy on Wednesday that I went home and decided to make it a rest day. I woke up Thursday though, and the nausea, dizziness, soreness and headache were so bad that I had to call in to work. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with severe allergies and a mild ear infection. Hence the nausea and dizziness, etc. Anyway, I was told to not work out until I was up to it, and that is today. Honestly, I have no intentions of working out over the weekends while my mom/parents are in town, because explaining why you exercise to people who don't exercise is more trouble than it's worth. Once they head back home I'm hoping to start doing at least one, maybe two, hours of cycling a day on the weekends.

Moving on. I know I said there was a big group that was going to work out, maybe not together, but we'd check in with each other so that there was some accountability. That was a complete waste of time and energy. Some people have excuses, and some just don't have the will to go. Either way, I'm done. I am not their mother, and it's not my job to be after them. They have to really want it, or they're never going to get it. I want it, and I'm gonna get it. 

I signed up for the work-release program at work. They give you thirty minutes three times a week, which you have to match, so that you can do on-campus health and fitness activities. I'm going to start doing that so that I am at least accountable to them. I know that I am not always the most dedicated or committed, but I am so tired of false commitments and crap. I am also thinking about doing a one-month boot camp here at work in April. I'll let you know how that goes.

BTW, today is just not the day to mess with me. I am so extremely disappointed in so many people right now that I've had to take medication just to keep from going off. I could start listing all the things that have happened, but it's like opening up a can of worms. Even with the medication I am still so angry that my shoulders are tense and I just want to get far, far away from here. So for today I am just done, and if things don't look up soon, I might just be done with a lot of different people for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment