Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Serious Post: Part Two

Dear Already-Fit-People-At-The-Gym:

We know you are fit. Some of you only have to work out once or twice a week to keep your genetically enviable physique. Some of you haven't yet aged enough to have your metabolism slow down. Some of you are just gym rats. Whatever it is, congratulations, you're fit.

However, that does not give you the right to look down on those of us who are not. While L1 would say that I do not qualify to put myself in this category, I beg to differ. I am over weight, even if it's not by much, and I do have body and self-esteem issues, which is the whole reason I am working out in the first place.

I admit, that when I first get to the gym, I am very self-conscious and it feels like everyone is staring at me, but after I start my work out and turn up my music I can typically concentrate and focus. As long as I have my music, I am okay. Yesterday, my friend and I were trying out some new things, and some of you decided it was ok to stare and make faces. Let me clear something up for you: IT'S NOT.

We may not necessarily be good at working out; we're learning. We may not yet be fit; that's why we're going to the gym. So, even though I know most of you aren't reading this blog, you have now been warned. Next time I see you staring or making faces, I will say something. Silence is not always golden, sometimes silence perpetuates unacceptable behavior, and I for one, am done with you.

Concentrate on your own work out, and leave me/us the *&^% alone.

Sincerely-

Me

2 comments:

  1. This post almost makes me wish someone could comment because I know the verbal bitch-slapping you are capable of.

    ReplyDelete