Friday, July 15, 2011

And then there was the ride home...

So yes, yesterday was the first time I rode to and from work. The Upside: I made it home in under 30 minutes. The Downside: I haven't been able to sleep for the last three days, and being tired and sleepy was horrible. I just fall asleep and wake up with in thirty minutes. Needless to say I'm EXHAUSTED.

Moving on, the ride home wasn't bad. Encountered a couple of people that might have been homeless but they left me alone. I took a lot of short water breaks, and I wizened up. Because I haven't had a chance to buy a camel pack and my water bottles aren't insulated I took a different route. I filled my regular water bottle about two-thirds of the way and froze it. Then when I was about to leave I went ahead and filled the rest with cold water. On the way home, the water stayed cold the entire way.

The temperature when I left work was 106, so given that I took a different route with more shade. I think I did a decent job. I am now thinking of doing this about three time a week (when I have to be here at 8:30) and driving the other days. Also, I am seriously considering changing my diet. I have been told that eating a high protein, low carb diet will help with the lack of energy....

2 comments:

  1. sorry you're not sleeping :( but glad you're finding ways to keep yourself safe (cold water, shade, food, etc) while you continue this journey. very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great!! I admire you. :)

    ReplyDelete