Monday, January 9, 2012

Day One-Fail

Today is day one, and it is not off to a good start. SM and I showed up and set up to work out...and we couldn't get the DVD player to work. It's one of those DVD/VCR combo sets, and we don't have a remote for it, so we couldn't get it to the correct workout chapter. We ended up going to the mini gym for a little bit. We half-assed it cause, honestly, that wasn't the workout we had in mind.

Then we proceeded with food intake, which went slightly better but not by much. I had a banana, a hard boiled egg, and about a cup of mean green...and yes, it is very mean. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, but by the end of the glass we were both gagging a bit... SM made this motion where I thought she was about to throw up, so I accidentally spit out what I had in my mouth. It was definitely a learning experience. I think tomorrow we will try more fruit. Here is what was in Mean Green:
6 kale leaves
1 lemon (peeled)
Thumb-sized ginger root
1 whole cucumber
2 whole apples
2 celery sticks

It was...interesting. We should've started out with a fruit juice i think.

Anyways, I'm going to try to figure out how the DVD combo works tonight, and with any luck we will be up and running tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I know I should not laugh, but I had a visual picture of you gagging out the veggies and it did. I'm sorry. Yeah, I think more fruit is key and what will make it tastier. Tomorrow will be better and at least you did something today, even if it was half-assey, cause half-assey is better than no assey.

    ReplyDelete