Saturday, January 7, 2012

Back on Track

I will be the first to admit that I have a hard time sticking to things. Although I do plan to continue cycling, right now Texas is not being biker friendly. I work an odd schedule, and right now it tends to get dark before I can cycle home (its dark by 5: 20ish usually, and I don't leave work till way later than that), and I don't currently have a light kit for my bike...or mace. So I've given up on that for the winter months. My other workout partners also have a lot going on, and for one reason or another (and trust me, these two have valid reasons) we are no longer doing Power 90.

Over winter break, my boss convinced me to watch a documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. To those of you who have already watched it, you know what I'm talking about; to those of you who haven't, I highly recommend watching it. The story is amazing and motivating, without being full of itself or pushy. I have decided to give it a try. It's a juice diet, based on fruits and veggies. Anyone who knows me knows I hate veggies, and am not a huge fan of fresh fruit. I prefer my fruit in a cup...with heavy syrup. However, a friend of mine is doing it at work, and he let me try some of the juice this morning, called Mean Green. It had kale, cucumber, apples, celery, lemon, ginger, and who knows what other green stuff. I tried it, and it was actually quite tasty.

I've been working on doing something, or getting someone to commit to working out with me, because I really do better when I know I have someone waiting on me. In that spirit, I have convinced my friend J, better known to some as SpazzMonkey, to not only work out with me, but also get me started on juicing, since she has a juicer and I don't.

Starting Monday, we will meet every day for thirty days to do Jillian Micheals' 30 Day Shred. I will drink juice for breakfast and lunch, for ten days. Once the thirty days are over, I have two passes for 10 classes of boot camp. If I successfully complete the next forty days I will then attempt a longer juice fast. This time I have put my money where my mouth is: I have to pay SM for the juice, plus I shelled out some money for the boot camp passes.

I appreciate any positive harassment you send my way. Keep tabs on me, that way I have someone to be accountable to.

1 comment:

  1. Check you out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you can do it, even the fruits and veggies...

    ReplyDelete