Wednesday, January 16, 2013

And...I'M BACK!

Hahahhahaha....you thought it was over! Surprise! With the start of a new year comes the inevitable list of resolutions. Over the holidays I got up to 162, and my weights been fluctuating between 160-164 for about six months now. However I am pleased to report that weighing in this morning I was down to 157, so the portion control and stair climbing at work (four flights of stairs) have been working. I'm also slowly cutting down my soda intake.

I am starting a combination of gym time and video work outs on February 1st. I have wrangled a commitment from commitment-shy L1 that she will go 3 to 4 times a week for Feb and the first week of March. I also have a friend, whom we shall call Keys, that has stated she will also work out with me. So even if they show up only two or three days a week, I will still have someone to keep me accountable, if nothing else, for at least showing up.

I've also been watching the Biggest Loser, and can I just say Jillian is mean! I had never watched the show before, and I only knew of her through the work out videos I have of hers, but I don't know that I wouldn't cry if she was yelling at me...

I want to get fit, in part because of health issues (cholesterol and high blood sugar) as well as for looks. Another reason? I am falling in love with the ocean and with beaches. I would love to go back to Grand Cayman and swim with dolphins and stingrays, and I would like to go snorkeling. I would like to not hold back L1 when we take snorkeling excursions because she can swim and I can't. I really would love to learn how to swim but I have a phobia....of bathing suits.

I am not wildly out of shape. I could definitely use some toning, but I am self conscious of parts of my body, so bathing suites....yeah. So anyways, I have to learn how to swim before my next vacation, which will hopefully be soon!!!!

Motivational pic of the day!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Jillian is WAY mean, dude! But also loving and awesome at the end. She kicks your ass first and then loves the shit out of you later. Stick around for later shows because she can be hugely motivating. I ain't gonna lie, though. She scares the CRAP out of me.

    ReplyDelete