Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I did it!

This afternoon, after eating a relatively small portion of chicken fried rice and a strawberry banana smoothie, I went in and signed up for my gym membership, and I coerced two other people (L1 and RORO) into doing it too! So right now as it stands here is the group of accountability: L1, RORO, Keys, Nye, and myself. So the way this works is that you show up and check in with someone else there, to make sure you show up. Then you are free to work out as you please. That way, no matter what day you go, there will always be someone there to motivate you A) to show up and B) to work out with if you want to.

I've decided that I'm going to try to do the JM 30DS at the gym, maybe a little slower but with heavier weights, and then some extra cardio. We'll see how that works for now. Eventually I'd like to take some instructor led classes just to vary things.

Can I just say how excited I am about this? Most of the time on my way home, I'm thinking about how this or that went wrong, or how I can do this better or pay that bill sooner, but here lately, I just blast my Zune, Pandora, CD, or radio with my song of the day and just imagine myself working out and even though I'm not actually doing it, I feel better. I am looking forward to putting all that thinking into action and getting my fitness on!

1 comment: