Thursday, June 16, 2011

Challenge Update

Two other people have taken up the challenge: R and V. Other than that, wanted to let you know that the test ride will be postponed possibly till this weekend. I just got back from a 2200 mile road trip and I'm exhausted. Also, I haven't had a chance to get the other supplies (camelpak and rack for the bag that would contain my work clothes), so as soon as I gear up I will post another update.

Sadly, I think I gained two or three pounds over the weekend due to all the delicious food and snacks on the trip...

2 comments:

  1. How do you protect your eyes when you're on a trip of that magnitude? I've been biking in some polarized sunglasses for women but I've never put them through anything like what you have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polarized sunglasses do the trick, but I also use tinted goggles sometimes. You can also buy specialized sunglasses at most motorcycle stores that are heavy duty to protect your eyes from road debris/kickback and dark enough to protect your eyes from the sun. Right now I am using some spring temple black tint wraparounds from Target that cost about $14. They tend to scratch more easily than the motorcycle glasses, but they are alot cheaper and easier to replace.

    ReplyDelete