Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WOOO!!

I did my first ride this morning! It didnt go exactly as planned, but for what it was...it went pretty damn well. I made it from home to work in approximately twenty minutes. I am sitting here at work. I just ate a donut (or four...) and drank some orange juice. I'm about to head back. Not my brightest idea, considering it's after noon, but the longer I wait the hotter it will get. So all in all a good ride. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Depending on how sore I am I will try to ride to work tmrw. For this ride I didnt carry a back pack. Just me and the bike.

I tried to joke with my boss that I might have to call in tomorrow, to which another co worker chimed in, "If T can go 32 miles and come to work the next day, you can go 6 miles and not complain!" Which reminds me, props to T for going on a 32 mile ride and still being able to walk. Most people think riding is easy, but its not... its really an exercise that takes a toll, not to mention the horrible sunburns.

It's approximately 93 degrees. Here we go!

Gah! Me1 made me realize I should be posting stats on here.
Current weight: 161.5 lbs
Calorie Intake: 3020 (yes I know that's incredibly high...but I was hungry)
Calories burned on bike ride: 290
Average Speed: 9.6 mph (it gets better as I build up to it)
 Please feel free to ask any questions... and if any of you would like to help me count the calories, it would be much appreciated. :D

2 comments:

  1. Kick ass and take names on your trek! My Clam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's easy, but I also know you can do this. I am proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete