Sunday, June 26, 2011

Greetings Earthlings! This is the closest picture I could get to my bike. I have a Mongoose Professional Mozo R150 Bike. Some of you asked me the difference between the Mozo (hybrid) and a road bike. The Mozo has fatter tires that are designed to go over various types of terrain, and shocks on the front fork for a smoother ride. It also has a horizontal handlebar, which allows a more upright sitting position. Its easily adaptable as well with easy-release brakes and no tools necessary removal of the tires. I've added a few things to it , including a water bottle holder, a strap-on pouch right below the handlebars for some tools, and a chain and lock, just in case, and some flat prevention strips into my tires. I carry with me at all times, regardless of whether is a joyride or a get-to-work-or-you'll-get-fired ride, a pepper spray thing, a set of tire removal tools (trust me after the first time you almost stab your eye out with a screwdriver in an attempt to remove the tire from the rim, you'll invest in these fantastic little tools), my ID, my cell, and a patch kit. The bike is almost ready to go, all it needs is a kickstand and a rack, and all I need is a camelpak, but I think I am going to forgo that for the moment and just take a large water bottle with me.
Wednesday is the day set for my first round trip ride. I've decided to give myself one and a half hours to get there, and hopefully will be more than enough time to get there and shower. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment